Mimaki today announces the launch of the LED-UV curing inkjet printer SIJ-320UV, a 3.2m wide format printer developed specifically to support the needs of wide format print service providers.
- The built-in quality and uninterrupted print run checking features combine perfectly with the newly developed LUS-120 high performance UV curing ink, enabling the printer to produce uninterrupted high quality, high speed printing of various signage media, including PVC and other banner materials.
- The need to produce short run jobs on a wide variety of media has created room in these markets for a wide format printer that could master miscellaneous jobs at a high pace at exceptional quality. Mimaki has therefore launched this dedicated roll-to-roll printer for various signage media, including PVC and other banner materials.
- Alongside the printer, Mimaki also introduces the versatile LUS-120 UV ink, offering printers the flexibility and durability required for signage jobs. The ink delivers beautiful, durable printing results at all times, even on soft media such as (non-laminated) banner materials.
Moreover, in order to make the printer’s job load even more practical, it allows for simultaneous printing on two rolls, up to a maximum mountable media width of 1,524mm for each roll.That way, printers can simultaneously handle two different jobs on one machine.
The SIJ-320UV is equipped with various print quality check features to ensure the Mimaki quality guarantee:
- The patented dithering Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1 technology (MFD1) processes image data while safeguarding the original image quality. The technology is included in the Rasterlink 6 RIP software and reduces noise through hybrid processing of pattern and error diffusion dithering.
- Mimaki Advanced pass system 4 (MAPS4) reduces banding and uneven colour printing.
- Optimum waveform technique ensures ink deposition at an optimum angle from the printhead, while maintaining excellent ink droplet circularity.